In the Dreamtime there are two parts to the Pencil Yam Story which belong to two different countries. Two different seeds were borne that created two different species of pencil yam; one called Atnwelarr which belongs to Alhalkere and Atnangkere countries, and the other called Arlatyeye which belongs to Eileen’s country. Eileen uses dotwork in her paintings to portray the seeds of Arlatyeye called kame. The Arlatyeye itself is a small, long tubular yam (swollen root) belonging to a trailing herb or creeper that often covers large areas of ground with bright green leaves and yellow flowers.
- Medium: Synthetic polymer paint on canvas
- Size of painting: 120cm x 45cm
- Border: Approx 6cm strip of black canvas border designed to be wrapped around a stretcher frame
- Background colour: Black
- This painting comes unstretched and rolled in a tube.
- This painting comes with a Certificate of Authenticity and an artist profile
Please allow 1-3 week days for dispatch on this piece followed by express shipping (1-3 week days for domestic shipment or 10-14 week days for international shipment).
This painting comes unstretched and rolled in a tube.
See our full shipping details »
Have your new painting arrive ready to hang (Australian deliveries). We work with a framer to get your artwork stretched and delivered ready to hang so you don't have to worry about anything.
Go to Custom Stretching