The intricate strings of dots in this painting map Delvine's country and includes river beds, yam root systems, sandhills and travelling lines.
Name: Delvine Petyarre
Skin name: Petyarre(also spelled Pitjara)
Language group: Anmatyerre
Region: Utopia, Central Australia
A beautiful piece in red and white, shadowed with a sandy beige. Strings of intricate dots take on different sizes and pathways, transporting the viewer to Delvine's country where there is a complex system of river beds and sandhills and a rich history of travelling lines. These dotted lines also form a macro study of the land; paying homage to the Yam Dreaming through its delicate root system and sacred seed.
- This painting comes unstretched and rolled in a tube. See our Custom Stretching page for stretching options.
- Size of painting: Approx 120cm x 90cm
- Border: Approx 6cm strip of black canvas border; enough required for wrapping around a 2cm or 3cm deep stretcher frame which is the popular choice for framing Aboriginal art.
- Material: Synthetic polymer on canvas
- This painting comes with a Certificate of Authenticity
Have your new painting arrive ready to hang (Australian deliveries). We work with a framer to get your artwork stretched and delivered ready to hang so you don't have to worry about anything.
Choose the applicable size from our Custom Stretching page and simply add to cart.