The Anaty is the Alyawarr word for desert yam which is similar to a sweet potato and grows in the wild across Central Australia. Growing up to the size of a human head, this yam is an important food source for the Aboriginal people of Central Australia and is still collected and eaten today. The linear work in this painting represents the yam and flower, and dots represent the yam seed.
- Medium: Synthetic polymer paint on canvas
- Size of painting: 30cm x 30cm
- Border: Approx 6cm strip of black canvas border designed to be wrapped around a stretcher frame
- Background colour: Black
- This painting comes unstretched and rolled in a tube.
- This painting comes with a Certificate of Authenticity and an artist profile.
Please allow 1-3 week days for dispatch on this piece followed by express shipping (1-3 week days for domestic shipment or 10-14 week days for international shipment).
This painting comes unstretched and rolled in a tube.
See our full shipping details »
Have your new painting arrive ready to hang (Australian deliveries). We work with a framer to get your artwork stretched and delivered ready to hang so you don't have to worry about anything.
Go to Custom Stretching