Ntyeny is the Alyawarr word for the red mallee (Eucalyptus pachyphylla), andngkwarl is the word for a sweet or honey flower. Together they refer to the sweet red mallee flower. The red mallee is a small tree growing between 4 to 6 metres tall with smooth pink bark. It has thick and leathery green leaves and produces large red nuts and yellow flowers. These flowers are sought after due to the adequate amount of honey they produce that can be sucked straight from the flower. The flowers can also be steeped in water to make a sweet drink.
- Medium: Synthetic polymer paint on canvas
- Size of painting: 30cm x 30cm
- Border: Approx 6cm strip of black canvas border designed to be wrapped around a stretcher frame
- Background colour: Black
- This painting comes unstretched and rolled in a tube.
- This painting comes with a Certificate of Authenticity and an artist profile.
Please allow 1-3 week days for dispatch on this piece followed by express shipping (1-3 week days for domestic shipment or 10-14 week days for international shipment).
This painting comes unstretched and rolled in a tube.
See our full shipping details »
Have your new painting arrive ready to hang (Australian deliveries). We work with a framer to get your artwork stretched and delivered ready to hang so you don't have to worry about anything.
Go to Custom Stretching